Friday, June 13, 2008

The Story of Poetry

So yeah, I'm updating again... not so bad, eh? Less than 2 weeks! Anyways, I was feeling a lil (inserts word) and I kept thinking of my invisible poem. Yeah, even people like me can be emo! And well, just kept thinking about it, of course for a reason, but if you really want to know that reason, well have fun trying to figure it out! Anyways, I'm halfway into exams, so I might as well do an update before i'm poof, gone YET again! And plus, I'm taking a break today then it's all back to studying yet again. Except... I don't know.. it's not soo bad, the idea of it cause I don't really want the year to end. I don't crave on summer that much, and absolutely not grade 12. However, maybe I just want to sort of ditch this place for awhile. I don't know, I feel like I need some fresh new things to come in my life. *thinks about wongfu* Haha. I feel like I'm very bashful. Oh well, I don't mean to offend any of my readers. I guess the year coming to an end just makes me really sad. I'm going to miss a lot of you guys, hopefully even if you're in uni and all that you'll all come here once in awhile to check out new stories AND poems! ;] Anyways, I was debating whether I should respond to the comments you guys all made or not. And I haven't decided. Well, I'll do it generally: thanks for all the compliments, and I'm glad you all enjoyed the poems as much as I enjoyed them. And thanks for the warm support and "feel better comments" <3. Anyways, I've got another two set of poems below, so enjoy and please leave a warm msg. LOL

~mushroom-chan;; cause.i'm.just.invisible;;


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~POEMS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this poem was written very close to the due date of the portfolio. As a "writer", it's not easy coming up with poems that fast, so rhyme was a little hard on these one, it was more just of trying to flow and incorporate all my feelings towards the theme of "love" as that is what my "create my own" poems were based on. The poem has to do with love because of course, in every poem, whether it was a ballad, an elegy, it explained or related to something about love. So anyways, have you guys heard "the story" yet:

Our Story

The day you took my hand
The day you said you loved me
You promised you won’t be gone
That you’ll always be with me

But now, where did you go?
Where did you leave to?
Why aren’t you here?
Why aren’t you with me?

I still remember those dark warm nights
When the moon was still half as bright
You would take me by the hand
And hold me tightly, and never letting go

We would walk under the stars
On this never-ending path
And even if it was snowing,
it felt like the sun was glowing

I still remember those sunny bright mornings,
I would lay half awake on my bed
And without a sound, you would come over
To greet me and Avery, “good morning”

Out of bed I would be,
Just in time to walk in
To another great day and place
With an amazing breakfast

We went through everything together
From elementary school to university
From friendship to relationships
From marriage but not to death

You used to be there to say “good night”
And always there to say “good morning”
We went through the happy times together
And definitely the bad times together

But then came the night
When our finale was written
Only one page left
When our story came to an end

Our story was sweet
But ended in bitter
But as long as it still lives
It will always be our story

Our story ended
And yours did too
And I know mine
Will end soon too

The day you took my hand
You never told me that
This is what it will be like
When you were gone

Alissa Tse*

(yeah, i know some parts were umm quite weird D=)

Another poem I had to write was based on a poem about this guy called Richard Cory... I made it emo. oops D: but yeah, life's not as simple as people make it seems like it does... sometimes, it may be.. but other times we just don't realize the pain people go through... and yet we never sit down to think about how the others feel. We always end up just thinking for ourselves, but haven't ever thought about them. I guess that's what I wanted to incorporate, in the poem we read, Richard Cory was like soo amazing and he seemed like a happy guy and then one night, he put a bullet through his head (the poem states) so my poem just shows.. it's not really what the public all thought. Because, the story of Richard Cory wasn't that simple:

The Story of Richard Cory

Legends had spoke of this great man
Different stories from one to another
It was said that Richard Cory was happy
a man who was kind, noble, brave and wealthy

But not many knew about his deepest secrets
The messages that he vaguely showed
No one knew about the pain he had
The unhappiness that he had gone through

The town saw a great big smile,
On a man dressed in a fashionable style
But what went on behind this man’s face
The town knew nothing of

Lucky or not, I do not know
But the other side of Cory
I dare can say I have seen
And happy it was not

Money meant nothing to him
For he had no one to spend it with
Born as a lonely child and
Having no more family after 25

At the age of five,
His mother had died
Not long after,
His father followed

The lovely age of 25 then came,
Where he met his love of his life
But only to have to lose her and
Say goodbye two years later

His heart was played with
Taken away and torn apart
His feelings were trashed
And treated like dirt

But Richard never cared
And when things seem to settle
It all just went crashing again
And he had to say goodbye

Richard hated the word “goodbye”
Because every time, he said it,
He lost another one he loved
Another one he cared about

Then finally, came the time
That he could take no more
He was going to say “good bye”
For the very last time

He chose that same summer night
Where he lost all his loved ones
He took away his soul so that
He can say his one last “goodbye”

The story started with
calm, beautiful and peaceful
only for an ending of
sorrow, dark, and death

-Alissa Tse

Poor Richard Cory is all I have left to say. Anyways, that's all I have for now. I'll be back again for more later... so stay tuned and keep checking back. And once again ENJOY! And lastly, I want to thank WongFu one more time for making amazing videos that always seem to bring a smile to my face no matter what. <3>

~mushroom-chan;; don't.want.to.say.goodbye;;

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww thats so sad =(.....dunt wry about it they'll come back to visit =).....gl on ur remaining exams

Unknown said...

D= *sobs* IT'S SO SAAAADDD DDDDD=

WaterfallOfDestiny said...

Mon Dieu, more emo-ness. O_O

Hehe, I liked the cheesiness in the first poem, though. =D

Edith W said...

Alissa, I don't know how you do it, but there's a certain rhythm about your poems and fluidity about it, that I really do love. Please keep writing. It makes my day a little brighter to read lovely poetry. x3

And indeed, we often don't see the suffering of others beneath their mask, their facade, the plastic shell. Deep within each of us is a delicate heart made of flesh. Easily hurt, and yet so lovely.

I must say, there is something mysteriously beautiful about a hurting heart. It proves our humanity.

Having said that, truly joyful hearts are a hundred times more beautiful.


Anyway, that'll be enough from my blabbering mouth. xD

Anonymous said...

We all feel like we are invisible at times, it's okay. :) Friends are always there for you no matter what :D. You are amazing at writting poems. They are soo true. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and talent. :) <3

Good luck on Physics!

Unknown said...

all I have to say is you should be studying =) I personally liked your first set more but that's just cause I "emo" stuff doesn't really fit go well with me in general =).